Experience 6 - 10 years
- Application Database Administrator responsible for activities associated with delivery of customer-defined systems and software projects.
- Designs, creates, and maintains Oracle/PostgreSQL databases in on premise and Cloud environment.
- Migrates existing on prem Oracle Database (includes replication) to Azure PostgreSQL database: migrating data structures, migrating data, converting common SQL statements, converting PL/SQL to PL/Java, setting up replication, storage management.
- Performs database analysis, design, development, reporting, security support, and performance monitoring and tuning.
- Reviews and ensures integrity via standardized support tools.
- Ensures that assignments are performed in accordance with database administration guidelines, standards and procedures for database development, implementation, testing, and migration using Agile Software Development practices.
- Responds to complex customer-reported systems problems in production.
- Reviews database design and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Proficient on data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Goldengate, Streams.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries, PLSQLs, analyzing query performance using query plans and tuning query performance.
- Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery and replication solutions and best practices.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience): (X-Y years):
- More than five (X+) years related Oracle/PostgreSQL DBA experience.
- Strong development background, preferably with incremental software development projects using an Agile Scrum approach.
- Experience Azure PostgreSQL Database service.
- Experience Schema design Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Oracle to PostgreSQL migration experience.
- Understanding of Oracle and PostgreSQL Database objects tables, views, triggers, etc.
- Knowledge of Database disaster recovery principals.