Job ID 15749
Experience 4 - 8 years
About Company Company is an award-winning, global agency that helps brands with digital metamorphosis.
It produces unique brand gests by connecting ten specialisms that serve as the foundation of the digital frugality creative design, content product, commerce enablement, transformations( callers to guests), pall technology, cognition( analytics), cohesion( integrating all the systems), consulting and absoluteness( connecting brand gests ) across all channels.
HanesBrands, Safety- Kleen, Merle Norman, Alex & Ani, Jay Strongwater, and others, have used its services in New York, Toronto, London, Tokyo, Chicago, New Jersey, Bangalore, Pune, and Chennai. There were many Big Bus tenures, Skullcandy, M&S, Salvatore Ferragamo, Fossil Group, Mondelez, RedBull, Label Heuer, Nestle, Yamaha, Makino, Lorna Jane, Razer, Unilever, Ferragamo, and LVMH.
Finance controller role falls within the global finance team handling finance and accounts of group
companies centrally in Chennai, India.
Spectrum of core responsibilities for this role includes
• spearheading transaction accounting of major accounting heads including direct and indirect
expense accruals, payroll, and other transactions.
• Driving intercompany transaction accounting and reconciliations.
• Compiling monthly financial and management reports including the MIS reports, project profitability, and Balance Sheet Review (BSR) schedules.
• Actively assisting financial controller and director during weekly cash flow reviews, monthly balance
sheet reviews, quarterly and annual audits etc.
• commercial review including review of pricing and cash flow forecast on prospective deals,
• projects aimed at bringing efficiency into management and financial reporting and other ad-hoc
In addition to the above:
• Complex problem solving with simple and innovative solutions is encouraged.
• dealing with ambiguity and working with diverse teams are integral part of the job.
• an ideal fit if ‘automation’ and ‘analytics’ excites you.
• opportunities for working on projects having far reaching impact (global process impact etc.,).
Team is currently working towards onboarding finance function of partner entities/subsidiaries. This
involves financial consolidation, systems deployment, process implementation & several other
1. Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Qualified/Semi-qualified CA or CMA.
2. 5 -10 years of experience in accounting and financial & being as a finance controller
3. Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information.
4. Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level management including the Group
Finance Director, Group CFO and Senior Management.
5. Advanced demonstrated use of MS Excel and working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Word,
Google Sheets is a must.
6. Working knowledge in Excel VBA, Power Query, Google Scripts, and business intelligence tools such
as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI would be an added advantage.